Lend A Hand
We are powered by volunteers…100% and we couldn’t do it without you.
There are many areas to choose from where you can lend a hand.
Volunteering During COVID-19
We have reduced the number of volunteers in the building during our regular operating hours. Only volunteers have access to the building.
We have strict protocols set up during this challenging time:
- Sanitizing of work surfaces, gloves and masks are worn, hand sanitizers, soap and water, and disinfectant wipes are readily available.
- We adhere to 6 ft. physical distancing & we will revise and adapt as the situation changes.
- We conduct temperature checks.
- Food & other random donations are quarantined for a week prior to being sorted and used.
- We ask that any volunteer who has cold/flu like symptoms, a weakened immune system or other health/lung/heart issues to not volunteer over the next few months.
Our mantra (which you’ll hear repeated many times). WASH YOUR HANDS!
We have weekly pick ups of groceries and donated food items. Monthly egg pick ups and other random and seasonal food pick ups. As well sometimes clients need a hamper delivered to their door.
(You must have your own vehicle, a valid driver’s license and registration and be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.)
Tuesdays at The Food Bank
(10:00 am – 3:00 pm)
We need helping hands to sort, stock shelves, prepare hampers & kids lunch bags, clean and sort recycling and generally lend a hand as needed.
(12:00 – 3:00 pm)
Intake Worker to liaison directly with users working in “Link to Feed” software. Candidates must have experience working in a confidential capacity and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. Training provided.
Help at Special Events
It takes a larger number of volunteers than usual when we prepare our Christmas Hamper project. We need many helping hands when we are receiving, sorting and storing all of the food during the Firemen’s Annual community food drive.
If you’re interested in helping in special events we keep a list of ‘on call’ people that we can bring in for these busy times.
Must be 14 years of age or older and in good health.